Sunday

A Martial Artist or a Fighter?

“There is a difference between a fighter and a martial artist. A fighter is training for a purpose, he has a fight. I'm a martial artist.  I don't train for a fight, I train for myself. I'm training all the time. My goal is perfection, but I will never reach perfection.”  - Georges St-Pierre

Georges St-Pierre successfully defended his UFC Welterweight title today.  His opponent attempted to lure him into a brawl, but he prevailed by fighting as a martial artist.  Georges St-Pierre lives his life as a martial artist and that is why he is the greatest welterweight in the world.

Which one are you?  A martial artist or a fighter?


Evolve Mixed Martial Arts® is Asia's premier championship brand for martial arts. With World Champions in Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Mixed Martial Arts, Boxing, Wrestling, and No Gi Grappling, Evolve MMA is the top martial arts training organization in Asia. It ranks among the best martial arts academies in the world.