Friday

Wrestling at Evolve




This is Mani Ahmadi and I am the newest instructor to be invited to join the Evolve Instructor Team.  I will be an Assistant Instructor for Wrestling. I am honored and thrilled to be a part of one of the best instructor teams in the world. To be completely frank, I have never seen such an accomplished group of expert martial artists in one room before. And I've been doing martial arts for practically my whole life. I am truly humbled to work alongside all these incredible World Champions and phenomenal instructors at Evolve MMA. Above all, I am proud to call them my friends and colleagues.

As one of your instructors, I will be writing regular articles for the Evolve Blog on wrestling. I will try not to bore you with stories about how wrestling is an ancient sport and was part of the Olympic games in 708 B.C. And just to be clear and upfront, there will not be any talk of The Undertaker, Bam-Bam Bigelow, Macho Man Randy Savage or the Iron Sheik here. Instead, I will introduce you to legends who you may have not heard about before, like Dan Gable, Takhti, Alaxendar Karelin and Stephan Abas. And of course, we’ll talk about superstars such as Randy Couture, Tito Ortiz, Brock Lesnar and Matt Hughes who have shown the world the power of wrestling as a tool in the true mixed martial artist’s arsenal.

We will also get into the technical details of takedowns, set-ups, sprawls, reversals, clinches, stand-ups, escapes and, of course, butt-drags. If you are a mixed martial artist, then you already know the importance of wrestling. If you are a pure jiu-jitsu fighter, I promise you that it is always better to start a match up two points and in side-mount. And, if you are a complete novice at combat sports, then I hope to convince you to include wrestling practice in your training regimen. The benefits you will quickly begin to develop include increased stamina, endurance, power, balance, coordination and speed. And, as with any great martial art, if you commit yourself, wrestling will give you mental strength, humility, wisdom and friendship. So stay tuned to the Evolve blog for more wrestling posts. Good things are in store.

See you on the mats!

Best,
Mani


Evolve Mixed Martial Arts® is Asia's premier brand of MMA academies.  Evolve MMA ranks among the best academies in the world for Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and Mixed Martial Arts.