Thursday

...But What?


“I would like to be a __________, but...” “I always wanted to try __________, but...” “I wish I could do___________, but...”  How many of us have said something like this to ourselves before? Go ahead and fill in the blanks with your own personal story. Chances are most of us have said things like this many times throughout our lives. Many of us probably said it yesterday, are thinking about saying it today, and will say it again tomorrow. These sentences are an all too common part of most peoples’ vocabulary. It is all too easy to give into our self imposed limits, to convince ourselves that we cannot be or do what we really want with our lives. Luckily, we have people like “Notorious” Nick Newel or Oscar “Blade Runner” Pistorius to remind us that we don’t have to be victims of our self imposed limits or to give in to preconceived notions. There are no limits on what we can achieve if only we can remove the “buts” from our vocabulary and start doing.  If you don’t believe it, just take a look at the below videos.


Do you think Nick Newel ever said “I would like to be a professional Mixed Martial Artist, but I only have one arm"?



Do you think Oscar Pistorius ever said, “I would like to be an Olympic Sprinter, but I don’t have any legs"?

On December 2nd Nick Newell won his sixth professional fight maintaining his undefeated record. In the summer of 2012 we may very well see Oscar Pistorius represent South Africa at the Olympic Games in London. So next time you find yourself saying, “I would like to become all that I can be in life, but...” or “I would like to learn mixed martial arts, but...” or but anything, stop yourself dead in your tracks, think about these two men, have faith in the incredible power of the human spirit, and go do it. 

Impossible is nothing.


Evolve Mixed Martial Arts® is Asia's premier brand of MMA academies. With World Champions in Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Mixed Martial Arts, Boxing, and No Gi Grappling, Evolve MMA is the top martial arts training organization in Asia. It ranks among the best martial arts academies in the world.