Sunday

Words about Evolve MMA from a BJJ World Champion


Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt World Champion Rafael "Gordinho" Correa de Lima moved permanently to Singapore over a week ago to join the superstar Evolve Instructor Team and we wanted to get his initial thoughts on Evolve Mixed Martial Arts. See below for more details.

To start it off, here is a direct quote from the legendary Renzo Gracie:

"Gordinho was my right-hand man at the Renzo Gracie Academy in New York. I am sad to lose my best guy, but I am also very happy for everyone in Asia. He is truly one of the best Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Professors in the world. Just as he helped me to make RGA the #1 BJJ school in the US with the most winning medals of any academy in the US, Gordinho will make Evolve the #1 BJJ academy in Asia. I do not use those words lightly. You will be hearing about Team Renzo Gracie at Evolve because they will be winning all the tournaments in the future. Asia is about to have its first world-class Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Professor! I have entrusted Gordinho and Chatri with my name - I know they will honor it well. If you are serious about BJJ, there is only 1 academy in Asia at the world-class level."
-Renzo Gracie, 5th Degree Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt and MMA legend.

Here are direct quotes from Gordinho:

"For all the Team Evolve members, I want to thank you for making my first week so welcoming. My wife Xiony and my son Tiago are loving Singapore! Everyone has been so kind and hospitable. As a Managing Director at Evolve, I look forward to a long future here in Singapore and to developing the best BJJ team in Asia."

"The students here at Evolve are very talented. I feel very at home. Of course, my fellow World Champions and Evolve Instructors, Braga and Brodinho, have done a great job. With over 125 Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu students at Evolve already, I can promise you that we will produce the best team in Southeast Asia. Our white belts are really moving their hips well and will give trouble for higher ranked students from other academies. Our Blue, Purple, and Brown Belts are also quite decent. Of course, I plan to elevate the level of the entire Evolve Team to world-class standards. We are off to a good start, but I have big plans for Team Evolve. Our students will receive the most authentic Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in Singapore - bar none."

"People do not realize the value of phenomenal instruction until it is too late. If you train at an inferior academy, you will learn bad habits without even knowing it. I can assure you that all Black Belts do not have the same qualifications and skillset. At Evolve, we have the best Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instruction in probably all of Asia. It is the first world-class operation in Asia. If you care about going to the best university for your education, you should apply the same logic for selecting a BJJ school. We are unquestionably the Harvard University of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai in Asia. Just read the biographies of the Evolve Instructor Team and you can understand the depth of our team."

"I joined Evolve because I only want to be associated with the best. I would never have left the Renzo Gracie Academy for any other opportunity. Evolve Mixed Martial Arts is the best academy in Asia, for sure. Chatri and I share the same vision for the future of Evolve. Everything about Evolve is the best - the instructors, the Fight Team, the staff, the facilities, the schedule and everything else. With the strong backing of legendary Renzo Gracie and Kru Yodtong Senanan, Evolve Mixed Martial Arts has no equal. As the head of the Renzo Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Program at Evolve, I can assure you that I will bring my 25 years of World Championship experience to good use."

-Rafael "Gordinho" Correa de Lima, BJJ World Champion and 3rd Degree Black Belt

Evolve Mixed Martial Arts. Achieve Greatness Within.